Overdue excise bills that are marked at the Registry of Motor vehicles will prevent you from renewing your license or registration. These bills can be paid to either the tax collector or to the deputy collector, Jeffery & Jeffery. Payment must be in the form of cash, bank check or money order. Personal checks are not accepted. You can contact Jeffery and Jeffery at 413-967-9941, or visit their website Jeffery and Jeffery(external link) to make on line payments or for further information.